IS YOUR HOME SAFE?

These photos were taken inside the ceiling space of a home in Paddington and unfortunately it is not uncommon to come across situations like these.

Not only were there exposed live conductors lurking in the darkness of the ceiling space, the circuit was illegally protected with a circuit breaker that was far too high and had no safety switch installed.

The home owner was in the process of turning his ceiling space into an attic and had been working within a couple inches of the exposed copper.

Needless to say he is extremely lucky to be alive.

Situations like this are a massive safety concern for your family and can contribute to your power bill.

For peace of mind and your family’s safety get a northside electrician to carry out a full electrical inspection of your home today!

Menu